For Service Providers
We believe that education is one of our greatest tools in working to address and prevent gender based violence.
Our education platform uses a variety of materials, activities, and styles in order to effectively engage with any audience. Whether you’re looking for professional development training for your staff, a presentation for your class, or training for an organization that wants to be more queer-inclusive and affirming, we can provide the right educational training for you.
- For service providers (healthcare, mental health, education, justice), 2SLGBTQ community members, and anyone who would like to learn about GBV and how to be an affirming support for 2SLGBTQ people.
- Range in length from 1 hour to 1/2 day workshops.
GBV Education Modules
(3 hours/module; 4 in total)
- Module 1: Foundations of 2SLGBTQ Identity and Gender Based Violence
- Module 2: Recognizing Gender Based Violence Towards Queer Folks
- Module 3: Preventing & Responding to Gender Based Violence
- Module 4: Tools for Healing & Creating Change
- Provide system navigation and referral support to people who have experienced GBV
- Support organizations who want to offer more affirming services
- Provide guidance around promising/best practices and policy and procedure development
Book a presentation
Connect with us to schedule a presentation. Pre-scheduled sessions are also available throughout the year. Check out the OUTSaskatoon calendar to find out more.
for 2SLGBTQ community members who have experienced violence
Connor Rodriguez, He/Him
Office: (306) 665-1224 ext. 160
Work Cell: (639) 994-9877